So, I have been asked a lot about my skin care routine, and decided to finally share it with you! Oh, and I have combination oily skin (oily T-zone, dry/comfortable cheeks).
In the morning:
1) Clinique Liquid Facial Soap-Oily Skin Formula [I use about a
half pump of this with warm water and massage it into my face for about a minute, rinse it off, then pat dry.]
2) Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 [Again, this is for oily skin. I just apply some to a cotton ball, then all over my face. I let it sink in for a minute or two before moving on to step 3.]
3) Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer [I only apply this to my T-zone. It helps controil oil, but I've found that it's too drying for my cheeks. I apply it all over my T-zone following my toner from step 2.]
4) Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel [I LOVE this stuff! It's great for people with oily skin that have sensitive areas (mostly my cheeks). I apply this first to my cheeks, then all over, on top of my T-zone too. I think having two moisturizers on my T-zone has actually helped! My skin looks clearer, it always feels cleaner, and I would definitely recommend that to anyone who can't find a balance in their skin. Steps 3 and 4 are crucial in my skin care routine.]
1) Almay Makeup Removing Towlettes [These are perfect for me, as I travel back and forth from school to home (I'm in college, so I do have a bit of a drive). I don't like having to carry liquid bottled makeup remover, so this is a life saver! They have a faint smell, but barely noticeable and they remove EVERYTHING. Another plus- they're cheap (maybe $5)! I use them to remove all my foundation, concealer, bronzer, eye makeup, everything... and they remove it all. I have the 25 pack and if you use 1 per night, it'll last almost a month!! I love these and definitely recommend them.]
2) Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam [I like this because even though it targets acne, it is somehow gentle. I don't currently have acne, but I love this because it prevents blemishes from forming. I wet my face first, then use about one pump (sometimes 1 1/2 or 2) and massage it in for about a minute. Then, I rinse it off and pat dry. It does dry out your face if you don't follow it with or toner and/or moisturizer, so even though it says FOAM, it does deep clean.]
3)Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion [Another favorite of mine. When you want to use this, you have to shake it up first because there is a layer of powder (not sure what kind) at the bottom. I love this toner because it does a great job with oil control, yet it cleans very well. I sometimes use this in the morning instead of the regular Clinique toner, but only when my skin feels really dirty. I just apply this to a cotton ball, then to my face, and let it sink if for a minute or two.]
4) Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer [Again, I only apply this to my T-zone and let it sink in for a minute or two.]
5) Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel [Same as in the morning, I apply this all over my face and that's it!]
So that's my entire skin care routine and it has been for quite some time! I absolutely love Clinique (as you've probably figured out). If you have any questions regarding my routine or in general, you can comment below or e-mail me at MakeupBySerena@aol.com
I'll try to answer every comment and e-mail I can, so don't be shy to ask me questions!